Friday, October 14, 2011

FIT Campus Maps




So here's my first attempt, which is probably the best of the bunch. I zoomed right in and focused on 27th Street, which is really the only part of the campus that I frequent. I realize in retrospect that there are buildings on 26th St. too, for instance, as well as off-campus dorms. I think the layout is fairly accurate, if rudimentary, and although it's missing some stairs and doors I think it's a reasonable effort.



I start to lose the plot on the second map. Maybe because I was too focused on details, like adding all the revolving doors for some reason, I neglected to notice that the B building is not, in fact, where the cafeteria is (something I neglected to point out in my first map above, I now realize) and the scale of the buildings is just all wrong.


Now I've really done it. My attempts at even more detail--which I must have thought I needed, since by now I should be an expert on the layout of the campus, right?--led me straight back to the error of the second map (wrong labeling of B bldg) plus I'm pretty sure this one took me significantly longer than the others because I had to draw and redraw all the pathways to make sure they were correct. Which they're not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment