Friday, September 16, 2011

Phone books-a-go-go

Came home last night to find the following scene in the entryway to my building. There are over 40 phone books stacked up but only 13 units - plus the fact that I for one don't have a landline, and I would imagine that many other units in the building don't have one either.

I called SuperMedia this morning to complain, and the agent I spoke with audibly gasped when I told her how many books were left behind. They're supposedly coming to get them sometime in the next "couple of days" and won't deliver any more in the future.

I know that several West Coast cities, including Seattle, have instituted a mandatory "opt out" for phone books - they might even have an "opt in," I have to check. I wonder what it would take to get NYC to institute something similar?

If this happens to anyone else, SuperMedia - the branch of Verizon that makes the "SuperPages," among other products - can be reached at 800-446-9639.

1 comment:

  1. That is so interesting. Actually I don't even think people use those phone books. I certainly do not.

    Its great that you called the company to tell them about it. You have set a great example for me as how I should handle things in a similar way.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete